Friday, March 19, 2010

So Happy for Friday

The weather has been just lovely the past few days, more like May than March, and while I know that winter is not done with us yet, still it has had an amazing effect on my mood. Coupled with work sucking less than 100% the last few days (as always, TKTHILE™: The Key To Happiness Is Lowered Expectations ), I was positively giddy leaving work tonight.

Sunshine!
Warmth!
More of same forecast for tomorrow!

I went to Wilson's Farm half-thinking that there should be fresh peas, which of course there were not. Approaching the store, though, I did see a woman leading a llama across the street, which gave me something else to think about. (And no, I did not come to any conclusions about a llama on the streets of Lexington.)

And then there were the bumper stickers. This one in the parking lot:


And this one at a red light on the way home.


I found this particularly interesting because this morning, I could see a truck in the distance with a logo I just couldn't make out clearly, and the part that I could see over the cars between us looked disturbingly like a skull wearing sunglasses. (More interestingly still, it turned out to be the Poland Springs logo. I don't know if you can see what I mean, or if it's the time-change sleep deprivation talking.)

************
My mother mentioned recently how her headaches increase in certain weather, which made this even funnier:

funny pictures of cats with captions

That can be just how it feels!

2 comments:

  1. TGIF! We've had great weather, too.

    The llama story made me think of the time on Sesame Street when a girl took her llama to the dentist. I think there was a song during the whole thing (probably to cover up the llama's protests).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see what you mean with the Poland Spring logo thing. Then again, I had my wisdom teeth out yesterday and am making good friends with the vicodin, so I'm perhaps not your best backup on that..

    ReplyDelete