Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Knitting little Eastery guys--now with pattern links!

When I showed off the little things I've been making for Grandma, auntie michal requested that I link to the patterns, and my response to that can be boiled down to: duh. Yes, of course, how did I forget that part?

First, a new one. I made one egg and have started another, they're quick and cute. See? Here I am, grabbing the last of the rainy-day-light after I got home tonight.


You start from the middle, go down to the bottom, and before you pick the stitches up to do the top, it looks more like a tam:


Then when you've done the top to the point where you need stuffing, it looks like a little gift bag, or drunken pot'o'gold:


I like the finished look best of all, I think. The pattern is very simple, very thorough (stripes! duplicate stitch!), has lots of photos, and is found here. I used left-over sock yarn.

Now, the other guys:


The birdie, left, is called Sweet Little Bird, and was also pretty simple, though as it's bigger and there are wings and things, it did take longer than the egg. That's to be expected, but it's worth it if you ask me.

The bunny, right, has a body from the Bunny Nuggets pattern. I chose to do i-cord ears (4 stitches each) after my first attempt at 6 stitches in the round had me twisting in the wind. I also don't have a pom-pom maker, so I found a tutorial online for making one without, which worked just fine.

Front and center, the egg cozy is from a pattern found on Ravelry (free!), but the basics are here. Not that the "full" pattern is much more than that! Anyway, it was very simple, very quick, and even without having felt and beads, I'm pleased with how it turned out.

And that's the gang! I need to get a little basket, and a chocolate egg for the cozy to sit on, and with the crinkled-paper "grass" I already got, it will be ready for Happy Birthday/Easter, Grandma!

By the way, if you're on Ravelry, you can always check me out there (ccrinMA). I try to keep my WIPs up to date on my projects page, so you can see what I'm more or less up to.

1 comment:

  1. Cute easter guys! They'd make primo cat toys with a little nip inside, don't you think? Thanks for the links; I am on ravelry too, but us it as reference for patterns mostly. I'll check it out to see if I can RSS from people's project pages.

    I can't remember if you're following Molly the barn owl. If not, she's at www.ustream.tv/theowlbox There are two owlets now and three more eggs in the queue.

    ReplyDelete