Friday, February 26, 2010

Hanging In There

It's late, so I won't write much tonight, but I didn't want anyone to worry if I didn't post. I'm fine. Today was nothing like as bad as yesterday. It wasn't good, exactly, but the same sorts of shit as yesterday did not trigger any meltdowns today. The summary:
  • Work was what it was.
  • I had rotten cramps and an upset stomach much of the day. This is why I gag whenever I run across any references to menstruation making someone "feel more like a woman" (not that such references are a common thing, but ugh all the same).
  • I listened to most of the US Men's hockey game and their startling victory over Finland (6-1!?) on the radio.
  • I stopped at Trader Joe's after work and bought the largest Toblerone I think I've ever seen.


Do you see that?


  • I had a nice long chat with my mother, discussing among other things (cats, Easter and summer travel plans, and what makes compatible living companions) my interesting work situation, and that I may need to bail out of it (sooner rather than later) if it continues in its current sanity-threatening trending.
  • I watched some Olympics and worked on my knitting. I'll photograph it in daylight tomorrow--it's really coming along! I finished the back, and am almost up to one shoulder on the front. Things are looking promising for the Sunday night deadline!
And now, let me share with you a couple of snippets from the job search, just because they caught my eye:
  • "By the way, there are a number of errors scattered throughout the job description. Identify all of them correctly when you submit your resume, and you will be considered. Miss one, and you will not hear from us. If you cannot find any, please do not apply. Good luck!" (This was for a part-time listing, unfortunately!)
  • "How To Apply:
    Send via the postal mail, a letter of introduction including a current resume, two writing samples, and three references to..." (What, no 4 calling birds?)

1 comment:

  1. That job description with the "catch the errors" requirement was hilarious! Too bad it was PT and not FT. They sound clever.

    Sorry about the nausea--a little calcium and magnesium (a/k/a Toblerone) might help. . .

    ReplyDelete