Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Ow, hands, grumble, work, and oh, WINNERS

I don't blame the knitting fates for my sore hands this morning, though I was surprised how sore they (and my arms!) were. I even dreamed that I ran a marathon, which in real life is about the most unlikely thing I could ever do, but I think it was my body telling my subconscious that if I was that sore, I must have done something!

And I don't know if I can blame the knitting fates for how irritating and "tremendously full of hand-tiring tasks" work was today, especially this afternoon, but ow all the same. It was tremendously tedious, to the point where I was having to remind myself that no, no one was picking on me, and yes, I could do it. (Though it didn't all get done, meaning that at least tomorrow morning will be aggravating too. Sigh.)

So this afternoon at work was very annoying and trying, is the point I am subtly trying to make, and when I saw a new job listing pop up on Craig's List*, I thought "Maybe this time..." with more than usual fervor.

*No, I don't expect to find a job this way, but what does it hurt to get the listings delivered to my Google Reader?

The job listed? Pashto Annotator. Nice one, job-hunting fates. Very deflating.

And my hands still hurt, enough that I stopped writing this to go take more tylen0l. Ow. My musings on the Olympics will have to wait (you: no! how can I live with the suspense?). I know what you're here for tonight, anyway: winners! Who wins Laurie's book?*

*From me, anyway. Have you read any of the other reviews? Just saying.

Without further ado (you know how I am about ado), the winners are:
  • Kali
  • Adrith
  • Mary Ellen
  • Deb
  • Kate P
I'm sorry that everyone can't win, but at least here the odds were pretty good (not that that's much comfort, really). (If you don't read Joshilyn Jackson's blog, you should; what made me think of it now is her strong feelings on the evil ways of the Random Number Generator, "that capricious sow".)

Meanwhile, you few, you lucky few, you band of ... readers, send your snail-mail address to me via the old ccrinma at hotmail dot com, and I will forward said addresses to those with power to send you your book! Congratulations!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about your hands (not to mention Pashto! Is that a military contract?), but yippee, I won!

    ReplyDelete