Sunday, July 20, 2008

Rose reborn

As I wrote recently, my little rose plant at work has been growing and blooming again. It had another busy week. In fact, its growth brought to mind one of my favorite Doctor Who episodes, Blink, which feature a race of beings who turn to stone if anyone is looking at them (thus becoming statues), and only move, like toward you to attack, when you're not looking at them. So, when they're getting closer, you have to keep looking at them, and don't blink...

Which is sort of like the rose this last week, except I'm pretty sure the rose is benign. But it seemed that every time I looked at it, it was farther along.

The first new growth was noted on July 7:


Then it took until July 15 to get to this:


A bit more by 7/16:


The morning of the 18th:


And the afternoon of the 18th:


I just love it. I hope I haven't missed too much of it this weekend, but there's another bloom to watch as well.

Pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment