Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Four Days, Three Nights

When you're going to be going on a trip, does your brain go into vacation-mode a day or two before you leave? Mine does. It used to be just the day before that I'd have trouble concentrating on work, but this is two days before, and here I am. Work is so pesky, interrupting my vacation-packing-planning like this. My brain is very busy with should I bring this and don't forget to pack that, and what is this brochure I have in front of me, and what am I supposed to do with it?

So, in lieu of actual content that would require me to engage brain cells (because I can't pull them off task), look at the pictures!

It's wild blackberry season in the woods around work. Yum!


I appear to be between pea cycles. (I am not complaining!) I got a bunch over the last two weeks, and now all the ones on the plants are wee ones.


They're so cute.


The second rose is blooming nicely.


Although I bought a 6-pack of little basil plants, one of them is a ringer. Five plants have leaves like this one, sort of convex:


The sixth one is clearly different.


I'm guessing it's just two different varieties of basil. Still, interesting.

I still admire the tenacity of the pea tendrils.


And by the way, there are lots of tomatoes on the plants, all still firmly green. When will they turn red?

And the baby.


I'm too sexy for my paws...

1 comment:

  1. that last shot is a KILLER! Way too sexy for his paws :)

    Tomatoes should start to turn red in a week depending on the weather. I had three of mine already and am now back to green-only on the vine.

    ReplyDelete