Friday, May 30, 2008

The Triumph of Hope Over Experience; aka, I Planted the Garden

Yes, only time will tell if I am being foolishly optimistic. After the pleasure with which I bought plants last night, I felt some trepidation looking at the small, fragile things today. It could all be for naught, as I know too well. Last year was so much of not fun, with that critter eating most of my plants. And yet ... and yet. I want this to work. I hope it will work. And that was enough to get me started.

Get ready for some really unexciting pictures! It's ... dirt!

So, the plot Before:


And Now:


It's amazing what you can do with crap tools and a half-assed methodology.

The flowers:


Catnip and basil:


Tomatoes, green beans, cukes:


The rest of the cukes, and the peas.

I had a disappointment there, by the way. As I got them ready to plant, I saw the little tag in the holder for the first time. Sugar snap/snow peas. What a blow! I wanted real peas. I planted them anyway, but it's a let-down. And no one to blame but myself, either; I hate that.

I have to buy some of the weed-blocker and lay that down around, but the only roll I saw when shopping last night was a massive, professional-grade roll for $40. I bet Walmart can beat that. I would have gone tonight, but just under an hour of planting has me worn out. Time to veg with the cats, and sleep late. Ahhh.

1 comment:

  1. That's a bummer about the peas. But everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete