Wednesday, March 05, 2008

The story has an ending

Though not a middle...

So, are you wondering about the lost mail story from yesterday? I have an update for you.

I didn't find the missing envelopes last night, but I didn't really look. I drove myself so crazy Monday night, I had a "crazy" hangover, and I was leery of treading that path again. I kept my eyes open in case the universe decided to taunt me ("oh, look, what's that right there in the open where no one could possibly miss it?"), but the evening was lost-mail-finding-free. (It was also Bruins-win-free, though at least this time the loss was less catastrophic than the night before.)

Today, I sent an e-mail to my aunt, the intended recipient of one of the wayward note cards, asking her to keep an eye out in case the card, and/or a similar card to my grandmother (another card recipient), should arrive. She promptly replied that both cards had arrived today.

So, unless I actually did black out long enough to mail the envelopes without remembering it, I guess that I dropped them somewhere, and someone immediately found them and mailed them for me. Thank you, good samaritan! (Would it have killed you to let me know you were doing it?)

2 comments:

  1. Nope. No envelopes in the knitting books returned on Monday.

    On the bright side, I just discovered Special K Bliss chocolate dipped orange breakfast bars. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm glad they made it into the mail somehow! Whew!

    ReplyDelete