Saturday, March 08, 2008

A very social weekend for the introvert

My name is ccr, and I am an introvert.

I like to get together with my friends, of course, but I also need plenty of alone time, quiet time, recharge my batteries time. Many a weekend goes by when I don't have any social interaction, and that's okay with me. I'm not a complete social-phobe, but I'm definitely at that end of the spectrum.

This weekend is looking very busy for little ol' me, with plans Friday night, Saturday afternoon, and Sunday. All things to enjoy, but a slight, faint warning bell not to let it happen too often (remember last summer, and how stressed I got? too much fun in too short a period of time!).

I didn't post last night because of having done dinner and a movie with friends. Yummy pizza at Bertucci's, and Miss Pettigrew Lives For a Day, which was quite good in our opinions.

This afternoon, a friend who's in town from California for a few days is coming over, which I'm very excited about (but which did require a morning of tiding the house, not that she is to blame for that! Lazy housekeeper alert is really what it is).

Sunday I'm going down to Providence to meet a friend for lunch and a hockey game, yay! Hopefully the Providence Bruins will be more entertaining than their Boston brethren have been this week (we will speak no more of them for now). The big club did pull out a win this afternoon, which was, I have to say, a pleasant surprise. Perhaps the previous three games were just a blip, not the pre-playoffs slide they do so many years.

Anyway! Lots of fun, but lots of, if you follow me. And, I have plans bubbling and brewing for the possible England trip in May, which is also very exciting and takes up the small segment of my mind that's free. Busy, busy, busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment