Monday, March 17, 2008

A different SnB; and, comment responses

My Stitch and Bitch group normally meets on Monday nights, and today was no exception. We knew it would be different tonight, though, as our meeting-place is an Irish pub, and today of course is St. Patrick's Day.

Whew! Where are all these people the rest of the year? It was crowded, and loud, and crowded, and did I say loud? My throat hurts, is sort of tight, from trying to make myself heard, and I estimate I caught 3/4 of the conversations at the table, at most.

And did we ever get some looks for the knitting. I got there at the same time as one other member of the group, and we got a table and ordered and started knitting, to the evident confusion of an older man at the next table, who kept sliding looks our way. When three more showed up, and we were all knitting, I think he was a little freaked out, and I noticed he turned his back to us part of the time. Oooh, the scary pointy sticks! Actually, I did get some more done on my sock, but I'm too tired now for photography. Soon, though.

**********************

Then, a few responses to comments:

Kelly, welcome! I'm glad you de-lurked, though of course lurking is fine, too.

Leslie: I have a petsitter come in to take care of the boys when I go away. I've had several over the course of their lives and our locations, and I think this one is my favorite so far. I knew I would like her when she came over the first time and sat on the floor with them to meet them. She's both enthusiastic and organized, and she loves my boys, so it's really win-win all around. I found her through the National Association of Professional Pet Sitters' website, a couple of years ago. For anyone local, I'd be glad to recommend her, though I don't know the limits of her range.

And Kali, I'm sorry Blogger was being mean to you and your commenting. Hopefully it was a one-time deal. Did anyone else have problems? I do have an e-mail address dedicated to the website (ccrinma {at} hotmail {dot} com), if anyone ever wants to reach me privately or if Blogger is being bad. As long as MSN isn't having problems on the same day, it should work.

No comments:

Post a Comment