Friday, October 26, 2007

Have I Ever Been So Glad for Friday Night?

This week lasted about 3 weeks. Today by itself was at least a week long. There were a few bright points this week, but between the work craziness and the conjunctivitis ... Well. Hello, weekend! So glad you're here!

The funny thing about conjunctivitis (funny! ha-ha!) is that my eyes are hardly bothering me at all, but I have sinus pressure that feels like the right side of my head is about to explode. From the top of my head to my jaw, ow. Even my teeth hurt! The slight cough, sneezing, runny nose I could more or less live with, but this, no, not really.

Also, being cold today did not, I think, help. It's not that cold out, though it's certainly cool, but here's what I wore to work today:
  • long underwear
  • jeans
  • wool knee socks
  • turtleneck
  • heavy hooded sweatshirt
To still be cold on top of that, to have a shawl draped over my knees and fingerless gloves on and still be cold, to pull the hood of the sweatshirt up because of the draft at my desk ... need I say more?

But enough, we are officially on weekend time here Chez Cat Hair. I need to give the baby his "treat" (heart medication in a Pill Pocket, and thank deity-of-choice for the PPs), and clean out the litter boxes, and wash my face and brush my teeth* and go to bed. And sleep late.

*What I don't have to do is take out my contacts. At least day two of wearing glasses is winding down. With luck, I can wear the lenses Monday, so I may be halfway there. Oh, please, let the eyes be better by then.

May all our weekends be better ones, eh? And Go Bruins, too! Tomorrow's start time was moved to 4 again, you know why, but this time I have no other plans, I can watch it, yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment