Wednesday, October 03, 2007

See the teeny tiny knitting!

No, not done by me, but you have to see this!

As you may recall, when I went to NYC back in March for the Yarn Harlot's Represent event, I stopped in at the Subversive Lace and Radical Knitting exhibition at the Museum of Arts and Design, and was very impressed by it. I even mentioned here seeing the minuscule gloves and how amazed I was by them.

Well, guess what? The artist has a website! Her name is Althea Merback, and I can't get over what she does. Go look!

The photo for Gallery 6 on the left is of the gloves I saw in the exhibit. But everything she does is ... well, virtually unbelievable, except that I saw those gloves in person, so I'm pretty sure the rest of it is not Photoshopped either. Knitting a sweater that fits on a dime ... simply amazing. I haven't even looked at everything on her site yet. Knitting really is magic, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment