Sunday, April 01, 2007

Of cats and me

Pan still thinks he wants to get under the covers, and continues to drive me crazy trying to get there (since he isn't the brightest bulb in the chandelier, he can't figure it out on his own). He dabs a paw repeatedly at the covers and, when that doesn't work, at my face, trying to raise the drawbridge. Something like this may be the solution: a pet bed that has a nylon ring to hold the end open, for the entry-impaired.


He can get into it all by his onesies, and snuggle to his heart's content. I may have to get him a birthday present.* It's from a site I ran across called Chilly Dog.

*Today is the day the Humane Society estimated for the babies' birthdays, though Happy Estimated Birthday has an odd sound, doesn't it? And wouldn't you think on his birthday he'd get everything his own way, instead of being thwarted in his desire for More Food on the sophistic grounds that he has food in the bowl already? After all, what does that have to do with anything?

I think a pattern one would be sensible, for the fur-showing issue, though I'm not really the leopard-print type myself. The things we do for our pets! Perhaps in jaguar... god save me from the zebra. And the prints are even more expensive ... they're not cheap to begin with. Perhaps plain will do just fine. Or perhaps the baby is spoiled enough (that would be hard to argue with).

Then there's the size question. Small should do fine for one kitty, but what if they both want to get in at the same time? Then we'd probably want a medium.

You know what will happen. If I get a small, they'll fight over it, and if I get a medium, they'll only ever get in it one at a time, if they don't ignore it altogether. Rule of cat. Perhaps the baby is spoiled enough.

Knitting content tomorrow, all else being equal. I tried two small projects over the weekend, with a split success rate. The unplanned project was just what I wanted it to be, but that hat from the top down, with the soy yarn? Wait until you see what that turned out to look like (hint: nothing like a hat). I don't know if it was the yarn, the number of stitches, the from-the-top-down, or what, but, well, not a hat. I'm not sure what my next step there will be, other than a trip to the frog pond. For now, I will be knitting something else. I still haven't finished the other hat I'm knitting (you know, the one that's doing just fine, thank you), or the sock, so I have options even without the rampant startitis that I'm suffering from lately. What a condition that is!

2 comments:

  1. Hats that fail for whatever reason can actually become bowls of sorts. I have one on my bedside table that holds various bedside crap, and another in my living room holding bottles of scented oil (for using in the diffuser to make the house smell nice).

    One hat was too big, the other too short. I'd worked on them too long to frog them peacefully, and and they were actually pretty, they just weren't much good as hats.

    Try putting them somewhere and seeing if they are good at holding things that would otherwise just be lying around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer has an idea there...think of it as fuzzy wrapping paper maybe...

    The batcave for pets is a neat idea and I was thinking about it for Dixie who likes to crawl under our bed to sleep at night. Until I saw the price of the size that would fit her, and remembered how we got the large dog bed that (smaller) Duncan has claimed as his own...and decided, um...no.

    ReplyDelete