Friday, April 20, 2007

What ... pack? What, now?

Okay, I'm leaving in the morning, I should be packed, right?

How do you type a hollow laugh?

I'm not completely non-packed. But ... well, clothing would be good. And, the bathroom stuff? Also helpful for getting through the weekend.

I keep getting sidetracked by the kitty. Pan has made the connection that I'm saying no to him less frequently lately, I swear he has, and he wants to be on my lap, and he's cute and pathetic and all, and the packing isn't done. And I want to be on the road 12 hours from now, ideally having slept between then and now so that I'm able to wish my grandmother happy birthday in a pleasant manner.

She's turning 93, by the way, not 94; how did I get that idea in my head? Numbers are just not my thing, and I should really stick to words. It isn't like I was trying to do the math, I just somehow thought it was 94. My mother tried to put a nice spin on it, that's she's entering her 94th year, but let's face it, I was just wrong. Not that 93 isn't still an impressive number of years. And if I'm going to get there on her actual birthday, and compos mentis, I better get packing!

The weather was lovely today, by the way. And I am so amazingly grateful....

2 comments:

  1. Hi, it's Sarah from CAP's blog. I went home and found Eris's best crazy-face picture - thought you might get a kick out of it:
    http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d19/LaCane/Erismakesthecrazyface.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. ccr, this is jdj - i hope you have a great trip and yes, the weather was gorgeous today.
    am at my friend liz and doug's house in nyc and checked out her blog and we decided to visit yours .... it looks great - her's is: foodfriendsandvine, if you ever want to see it - she loves cats, too.
    love you and hope to see you soon, jdj

    ReplyDelete