Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Sock, redefined

Can I just say, damn, this sock fits like it was made for me! How did that happen? I'm so happy about this!

I just need to kitchner the toe and it's done (not in the photo, of course, but I worked on it at lunch today). Next, sweaters! Look out, babies!

I was happy to see these on Sunday, too, even if it has been chilly and windy and altogether unlike what I want in my Spring weather.

And even more so since tomorrow, we're supposed to get more of this:


Other random items in my brain lately...

I was reminded why I like Calleigh Duquesne's character on CSI: Miami while watching a rerun the other night. She and Horatio were on a rooftop looking for evidence of a sniper. Horatio asked rhetorically, "What do you get when a 6-foot-tall man lies down with a three-foot rifle?" Calleigh murmured, "Hot flashes, but that's just me." She does like firearms. I like her attitude.

I try to scoff at astrology. Sure, right, Libra: me and 1/12 of the world's population happen to be very similar, riiiight. I was born something like 5 weeks early! Shouldn't I be more like the next sign, whatever that is?

Okay, so I tend to see both sides of the argument...

I like balance and harmony...

Hey, so what.

Anyway, I ran across one of these silly online quizzes, what color is your brain, five questions and here I am. Um. OK.

Your Brain is Green

Of all the brain types, yours has the most balance.
You are able to see all sides to most problems and are a good problem solver.
You need time to work out your thoughts, but you don't get stuck in bad thinking patterns.

You tend to spend a lot of time thinking about the future, philosophy, and relationships (both personal and intellectual).


Hmmm. That's ... interesting. I'm not sure I can explain that. Moving on. Here's a link to a really fun website with no explanation, but you have to see the photos anyway. Holy sheep! Thanks, Go Knit In Your Hat! (Where did you run across that site? You never said.)

2 comments:

  1. LOL on the brain test, the CSI bit (oh yeah!), and the Holy Sheep! link. Especially for the latter, I was snickering helplessly. Wonderful! And your sock, wowsa. Slainte, congratulations, and it looks absolutely perfect. (My two poor babies in process are glaring mournfully at me for ignoring them, I can feel it. [g])

    Gorgeous pix, too - and y'know, you might want to start slapping a copyright notice on those and putting up a link for wallpaper versions. 'Cause those crocuses are simply stunning! So is the snowy one, but I doubt you're so appreciate of that one right now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monica, um, say what? I'm lucky Blogger includes a way to post photos, or I would be blogging solid text! Sorry, my so-called tech skills don't include this "putting up a link" of which you speak ... thanks for the compliments, though! Glad you like! Maybe the new machine (soon, soon) will have skills of which I know not.

    ReplyDelete