Friday, May 27, 2022

Well.

Well. The world this week, eh? I'm at the stage where I have to take a step back, away from the unfolding news, because I can feel myself getting overwhelmed by the awfulness. Self care, you know?

So I'm knitting, and enjoying the wonderful yarn.

I'm looking forward to having lunch (outside!) with a few friends tomorrow (before a couple of them go back north for the summer), and getting to show them the yarn.

I'm looking forward very much to the long weekend; work this week was kind of a bear, and next week one of the other editors is on vacation, so it won't be better.

I would love to be looking forward to winning the lottery, enough that I could retire! I'm not expecting that to happen, mind, but it's fun to fantasize about.

And I'm listening to Depeche Mode music today--I was very sad to hear that one of the members, Andy Fletcher, died this week, so listening to the music is sad in a way but also full of memories for me, all the way back to high school, and it isn't all sad. That first concert, at the Wang Center in Boston in 1986!

I've laid in some crucial supplies for the long weekend:

Library books and cookies. I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment