Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Losing It a Little Bit

Two things:

First, expecting that a work day is going to be annoying (back after long weekend, one editor on vacation, AND the end of the month) does not, in fact, help me get through the truly, deeply annoying day.

Second, I may be losing it a little. I got an email this morning suggesting authors I might like, and I looked at the first name and thought, wow, I haven’t even heard of that one. Then this afternoon, I got an email from the library that a book I requested had come in, and guess who the author is? Yeah, one and the same. I must have come across it last week, been interested enough to get it from the library, and then 100% forgot all about it.

Sigh. Some days.

2 comments:

  1. So now that your curiosity is piqued you get the instant gratification of discovering how that author writes.

    Although, I write that thinking of the favorite author of a friend of mine and how I finally bought one of his books so I could tell her I'd read him. I got about thirty pages in and totally Dorothy Parker'd it. Never told the friend that. But man, what did she SEE in this guy? Yow.

    ReplyDelete