Tuesday, September 08, 2020

I Fought the Startitis, It Won

As I teased the other day, I wound some yarn and cast on a new project. Yes, I have multiple projects that I'm actively working on, as well as a few in time out. No, I haven't finished anything recently. Just had to start it!

The pattern is called Top Notes (Ravelry link). It's got a pretty, lace/cable look going on, and can be made in a cowl or poncho version; I am doing the latter.

The yarn is from the stash, Maple Creek Farm Fredericksburg, which is BFL; I've used it before, when I got it at Rhinebeck, but the vendor seems sadly to have vanished (they weren't there last year, or the last time I went), and these two skeins came from a destash. I used this yarn in the Frost Diamonds shawl that I made a million years ago (Ravelry project page; blog blocking photos), and it's warm but lovely and light. I will admit that in person, this colorway is brighter than the previous owner's photos show, and I probably would not have bought it had I known. But almost all my photos mute down the colors, too, so I can hardly blame her for that. This first one is probably the closest, but it's a bit brighter than this appears on my computer, anyway.

Cast on.
Swatching! Got gauge on the second needle size I tried.
And away I go!




1 comment:

  1. I love the Maple Creek Farm folks! Used to see them at Stitches every year.

    ReplyDelete