Friday, October 01, 2021

October: Let the Birth-Month Celebrations Begin

Welcome, month in which I was born! Let's celebrate all month long, shall we?

I've actually opened a birthday present already, because it came in the mail the other day and was perishable. Can't let that sit around! But I do like to spread out the celebrating. I'm not one of these people who gets their nose out of joint if I get a present 'late': no such thing! You gave me a present? Excellent! I love presents! Thank you! Oh, my birthday was six weeks ago? Who cares? Let's celebrate today!

(None of this is meant to be a hint, by the way: I am celebrating the joy I take in celebrating, not suggesting *you* should be sending me a present. I don't keep track of who does what; that sounds like a lot of work to no purpose.)

I love it when family and friends send cards or gifts; when restaurant reward programs give me a free something for my birthday; when anyone wishes me a happy birthday. Well, except that I do not, most emphatically NOT, want to have happy birthday sung to me by servers in a restaurant. No, no, no. Not my thing. But other than that, sure. Bring it on.

How do you feel about birthdays? Like, dislike, neutral?

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthdaymonth! We all need every reason to celebrate and what better one could there be? So glad you're here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for your birthday month! A lot of special people in my life have October birthdays so I totally think it is worth celebrating all month long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my birthday, in terms of getting cars and little surprises and whatnot. But yeah, I emphatically DO NOT WANT people to sing happy birthday at me.

    A wee birthday surprise is on its way to you, incidentally, I hope it gets there in time!

    ReplyDelete