Friday, October 08, 2021

Startitis

I've been working on a knitting project for a while (it's a gift, which is why it hasn't shown up here), and it's going pretty well, but I'm at the point where I am, frankly, a little bored with it, and feeling the pangs of startitis. This yarn or that pattern will catch my eye and I find myself thinking about putting the gift aside, just for a little bit. I  haven't so far--I want to get it done, after all--but the sneaky thoughts took a different turn this week.

"You know, this is really good social knitting, and it's fairly portable...and you're going (COVID willing) on that trip at the end of February, when you should have some knitting time, but you won't want to be hauling around something big, or checking a pattern or counting rows all the time. Wouldn't this project be perfect for that? Wouldn't it be only sensible to save it for that trip, and cast on something else now?"

Insidious thoughts! There are so many things I want to make. It's a temptation.

No comments:

Post a Comment