Friday, August 13, 2021

Some Truly Good News

Great, even!

My mother, it was decided earlier this year, was going to need a hip replacement. They were initially going to repair her torn rotator cuff first, since that was already scheduled--but then that had to be cancelled, so she decided she wanted to do the hip first, once that was an option, because it's hurting a lot more than the shoulder is. 

She saw the doctor today to talk about scheduling, and oh hey, they have a cancellation for the week after next, so instead of having to wait until they could get her on the schedule for some time next summer, she's getting it done now! Yay!

Also whew. I knew it was weighing me down--seeing a loved one in pain is never fun--but wow, what a relief. I'm bouncing here.

I love Friday the 13th now.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so glad! Yay!

    My mom had a knee replacement a half dozen years or so ago, did the exercises afterwards with determination, and got to go back to her old routine of walking several miles a day. She's 90 now and is so glad she did it. I know your mom will be so glad she got her hip done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is EXCELLENT news! My dad had both his hips replaced and it has been such a gift -- such a huge reduction in pain and a tremendous improvement in mobility!

    ReplyDelete