Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Bird Story

I was talking with a women who has a parrot, I don't remember what kind, but the bird is 30 years old, and apparently they have the human-equivalent age of a 4-year-old. The bird doesn't make tweet or other bird noises, but speaks clear English, and can also make beeps and other similar sounds.

So she told the story of a time a few years ago when she was on a plane with the parrot, and the bird starts making some beeps, and the woman can see people looking around, so she explains, "it's okay, it's not an alarm or anything, it's a bird." And one person near her is very concerned and repeats, "What is it, what is it?" and the woman says again that it's a bird making the noises. But when the other person says, "what is it?" again, the bird says firmly, "IT'S A BIRD."

I'm probably not telling it as well as she did, but oh, this makes me laugh. Anyone have other bird stories?

2 comments:

  1. It's just after 11:00 pm and I think I just laughed loud enough for the neighbors to hear. Well, my husband down the hall, at least. That's priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cousin has a giant African parrot named Kiwi. Kiwi apparently only knows swear words and "hi" and "bye." Kiwi hates it when I talk to my cousin on the phone, so I pretty much only hear an annoying bird screaming "bye bye BYE BYE BYE F**CKER B****" when I'm on the phone with my cousin. I'm pretty sure birds aren't the pets for me!

    ReplyDelete