Tuesday, September 01, 2020

Hoping to Boot Fate Into Action

I've mentioned in passing that I'm waiting for a yarn order to come from Canada. I ordered a skein in mid-July, and it didn't actually ship for two weeks (small dyer, pandemic, etc.; I get it), but it's supposed to have shipped at the end of July, and I'm still waiting. Not patiently. 

I'm 98% certain that this is related to the kill-off-the-Postal-Service campaign the current administration is enacting, and that my package is sitting somewhere waiting to be delivered. But since I don't have tracking, I have no way of knowing if it's 50 miles away or 500. 

Which shouldn't really matter--it's not like knowing would change it--but I just want to know. That is, what I really want is my yarn to be delivered. But failing that, I want to know: that it has moved closer, and when it last moved, and where it is. I know, it's not critical like medications or other things that are being delayed in this crisis, but still. I want it to get here.

Basically, I'm venting about this in hopes that the universe says oh, that? and it shows up on my doorstep tomorrow.

Because, pretty. I want.

1 comment: