Sunday, September 13, 2020

Yarn Came!

Storm update: the tropical storm went to the south of us and is just about past. We have been drenched with rain, there are floods where I've never seen them before, and I haven't seen the cat in hours, but nothing worse than that for us here, thank whoever you wish for that. We are grateful.

I finally got the yarn that I ordered back in July (there were a couple of snafus; I hated waiting, but in the grand scheme of things, no big deal). It's so pretty!

I first took pictures of the two skeins together, as you do.

But while they are both beautiful, they don't really complement each other, and I think they are better show separately.

The brightness that is Rainbow:


The subdued but still gorgeous shades of Whiskey in a Teacup:

Both skeins are Studio Seconds, meaning they may have slight color differences or knots or whatever else makes them get marked down. I'm willing to try them! Other than the delivery delay, how can you go wrong?
I have one more order on the way; the post office says it will be delivered tomorrow, but I am skeptical. We shall see!

1 comment:

  1. My immediate take on the Rainbow was an almost out loud (but for the work-from-home meeting next to me), Oh how fun!

    ReplyDelete