Tuesday, May 05, 2020

As Mentioned in Passing: Yarn!

I mentioned briefly that I was waiting for delivery of some yarn that I ordered, and the package arrived last night. Yay, squishy mail!

This order was from Coveted Yarn, the wonderful LYS in Massachusetts that I loved so much (mentioned here and other times as well). I still follow them on Facebook, and he mentioned last month that he was listing yarns on a new website and having a lot of sales, and ... well, he always had such good sales, and it's a good store, I want it to survive this. So I went shopping. (Such a hardship, I know.)

With online yarn shopping, as I've mentioned,  I mostly try to stick to yarns I've encountered in person before, and in this case I stuck with two lines I know, Juniper Moon Farm and Wonderland Yarns. The haul:
Original prices total $132, I got it all for $81. Nice!

The first is Cheshire Cat from Wonderland, a nice soft fingering-weight merino, in colorway Opal, from A Year in Color.
Next is Duchess, a lace-weight merino/silk with a nice sheen, in Looking Glass, a pretty aqua.
Next, from Juniper Moon, I figured how could I go wrong with camel? This is Dromedary, a wool-camel blend, in Wild Mallard, which is a sort of deep forest teal, if that makes any sense.

The color isn't quite as dark as it shows here, but when I tried to get a better one, it went too light:
Technology.

Now, I've mentioned this one before. To quote myself, "The yarn is Cumulus Dappled, by Juniper Moon Farm; it is 94% cotton and 6% nylon, and much softer than cotton I have encountered before." Well, this first one isn't Dappled, just regular Cumulus, but the second is, and they feel the same. Soft and light.


 So with the Cumulus I already had, I've got a few choices:
It was fun to shop the sale, even from afar; I will say, I sure missed getting lunch afterward at Woodman's, though...

1 comment:

  1. I want to reach through the screen and squoosh that soft cloud of cotton.

    ReplyDelete