Sunday, May 24, 2020

Brightening the Day

It's a grey, gloomy day here today, when it isn't actually raining, which it mostly is, and it's easy to be a bit down with it. But I had a good mail day yesterday, which is helping!
The Target box was nothing exciting, and I'll go over one package another day, but here are details of two of them.

First up: My friend's husband wrote a book! (Well, it's a novella, but that totally counts.) I backed the campaign, and my copy came yesterday!
And it's good, thank heavens; it would be so embarrassing to try and deflect talking about it otherwise. Interesting character, good story, I want to see more of Inez. Recommended if you like space/sci-fi reading.

Next up: squishy mail!

My local knitting group pointed out to me, a few weeks back, that the exchange rate from the Canadian dollar to US was in our* favor right now, and we got to talking about indie dyers up there.
*Most of us are American, anyway: one woman is back in Canada already.

They mentioned one that was new to me, MidKnit Cravings (what a great name), and I had a fun poke around the website. I started looking around for three skeins that would work together for Casapinka's Magical Thinking pattern (which, she notes, is not a poncho: "This is an important point as I have a teenaged daughter and cannot cause her social annihilation by designing a poncho, so please follow this rule of nomenclature.").

I ended up messaging back and forth with them on Facebook along the lines of "do these colors work together or would you suggest something else" and a few combo considerations later, ordered these:
The yarn is 100% merino and super-soft! This is Blowing Bubbles.
This is Unsupervised.
And this is Droplet.
I think they're going to make a fun not-a-poncho. And for now, just looking at them makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment