Saturday, July 07, 2018

A Little Knitting

Before I moved, I happened on a skein of cotton yarn that felt delightfully soft, and decided that it was really only right that I get some to experiment with, given my move to a warmer climate. It's for science!

The yarn is Cumulus Dappled, by Juniper Moon Farm; it is 94% cotton and 6% nylon, and much softer than cotton I have encountered before. I got the colorway Pacific Surf, which is all kinds of blues and some green/turquoise/aqua as well.
Earlier this week, I decided the time had come to play around with it. Since I only had the one skein, I thought I could make it into a lacy kind of wrap, and settled on the Ventura Wrap, a nice simple pattern to make the most of the quantity. Big needles mean stitches can squish together:
Or spread out a bit:
Or spread way out.
This is another lesson in how backgrounds affect the color in photos. As you can see, I tend to lay things out on the footstool to photograph.
But using the white table as a background gives a much more true view of the colors.
I'll have to keep that in mind. Meanwhile, I'm over half done in just a few days of non-dedicated knitting time. Works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment