Saturday, June 01, 2019

Reporting Back

Three months ago, I said that I was going to try to cut back on the yarn buying, which had gotten kind of heavy-duty for a few months there. How did I do? Not bad, I think. Although, I suppose, my idea of cutting back might be someone else's idea of cutting loose! It's all relative.

But I'm satisfied that I was more mindful of my buying, which is really what I was getting at: not to stop all yarn buying, but to think about it and not Buy All The Yarn!

So, what did I buy?

1. Purple Lamb Sock Perfection.
I saw this on Instagram and there was no way I was passing it up. It's merino and nylon, but so soft, and the colors are to die for.

2. A month later, String Theory Colorworks Continuum Self Striping.
Not only are the colors lovely in the skein, but it's going to knit up like this; I can't wait.

3. A few weeks later, Berroco Millefiori Light, in my colors (blue/green), thanks to a sale at the LYS.

4. Next in was a one-off yarn club, The Retro Five, that I got from Lady Dye Yarns.
I wouldn't necessarily have put these two colors together myself, but that's a yarn club for you!
And of course, I can use them for separate things and make the pattern with something else; who knows how I'll roll. It's certainly nice yarn!

5. And another sale! I'm counting these two together, not just because I bought them together, but because the first one was bought with a very clear recipient in mind to knit it up for, aka, for once it's not for me.

5a is Zen Yarn Garden Serenity Glitter Sock.
Knitter, know yourself, right? I'm not much of a pink person, and certainly not into the sparkly. But in fact, the yarn is wound and the pattern printed, ready to get going for my friend! Who I don't think reads the blog, at least often, but I may not blog about the project until it's done and given.

5b, bought the same night, was Malabrigo Yarn Lace.

6. Finally, a sale on Three Irish Girls Springvale Worsted led to this:
I have some of this lush yarn turning into a blanket (I'm about halfway through the last of the four skeins on that), and love how it feels, so when I saw this colorway was marked down and there were three skeins left, boom. I'm thinking a nice cushy wrap, for those chilly winter nights on the lanai.

Conclusion? Some couldn't-resist colors, some couldn't-resist sales, and some that were both! As I said, I'm good with it. In fact, I'm pleased with the (relative) restraint, and delighted with the actual purchases.

1 comment:

  1. All of it looks like great fun to play with.

    I bought some of that self-striping matched-sock yarn myself after Stephanie posted about it. My daughter loves to knit socks and I knew it would be just her thing and had it sent to her.

    ReplyDelete