Wednesday, March 06, 2019

This Is It, For a While Anyway

As I mentioned last month, I've been on a bit of a yarn-buying spree over the last few months, and the last of it has now all come in* and been photographed.
*And, ah, one more yarn sale that led me into temptation...

Starting with that footnote, in fact, the yarn store had a big sale on Manos yarns last week, and this Serena yarn that I have actually been eyeing for months came home with me.


The funny thing is that it turns out I had some in my stash already, that I got at Webs a few years ago. It's nice and soft, and the colors are lovely.

Then there's the yarn I got from someone on Ravelry, Fredericksburg from Maple Creek Farm. As is often the case, the colors look a little different in person than they did on the computer, but I still like it, so it's all good.

Finally, there's the big order I mentioned making from Blue Moon.
All BFL Sport, before it's gone forever.
One of the colorway I Mad Heart Ewe:
One Primary Pride:
And four Blue for Ewe:
The first two are good shawl quantity (each), and for the 4 skeins of blue, I'm thinking sweater, but we'll see what happens. It's all lovely stuff, and I don't need to knit it right away to make that true.

~~~~~
And now, faced with the great quantities of loveliness acquired, I'm going to see if I can stop buying yarn for a few months. Not to say I absolutely won't buy any, since I don't like to set myself up for feeling a failure if something irresistible comes along, but to at least try, to make an attempt to avoid temptation (I'm deleting a lot of emails unread, and scrolling through Instagram a little faster than before). I haven't gotten myself into debt with all this, but the trend can't continue indefinitely. I need to take a break before it's time for Rhinebeck, at least!

Will I be able to do it? Follow along and see; then around June 1, I'll sum up how it went.

2 comments: