Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Out and About on a Boat

As I mentioned last week, on Saturday I went out on a boat. Want to see? Sure you do!

Heading out on the boat. There were four of us; the boat is for a max of 8 people,but I feel like that would have been kind of crowded, so it suited me fine. Beautiful day!
Approaching the main bridge off the island; it was funny to see it from the side.
Pelican on marker.
Approaching our 'parking' area, and what does that sign say?
No idea what that means! And I'm reluctant to google it, you know?
Peaceful and lovely.
We got off the boat, and leaving the captain (my friend's husband) fishing, went for a shelling walk.
Plenty of birds around.
And shells!
Also, know what this marked-off spot is?
Sea turtle nest!

Simply beautiful.
We came up on a pair of ibis, feeding in the waves.
Taking off, to get a bit farther away from us.
Then more snacking.
Beach-scape with flying ibis.
Eventually they went behind us, so were walking away from them, which made them happier.
Funny bird walks.

Bigger sand dollar!
I didn't only get sand dollars; here is the complete haul.
We walked about two miles down, farther than I would probably choose to do again. After all, one then has to walk all that way back! I can do two easily enough, but four is a bit much for me. And then we took the boat over to a nearby island, and ended up walking about another mile, and while it was all very lovely, my legs are only just now recovering. Lesson learned!

But thanks to the 45-SPF, I didn't get a sunburn, so that's good. And I did have a really nice day, and got to know two new friends a bit better. All in all, that counts for a lot.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like an absolutely heavenly day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beach groin is a structure built out into the water in order to prevent beach erosion, or control sediment from washing up onto the beach. So the sign was just a warning to not run aground on that. ::removes librarian hat::

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so amazing! Love the photos.

    ReplyDelete