Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Eagerly Waiting

I got an exciting email the other day.
Winner is good, right? And what did I win? Oh, just a book I'm eagerly waiting for, that doesn't come out until September!

Where the Light Enters, by Sara Donati. She writes (really good!) historical fiction; I checked the date of the first one, and it came out in 1998, so I've been a fan for a long time. In fact, I've kind of come full circle by winning this one, since I read the first one as a free advance copy when I worked at Barnes & Noble! Lo, these many moons ago.

This new one is a sequel to The Gilded Hour, which I very much enjoyed, and I look forward to the resolution of some of the plot strands that carry over from that one.

And of course, I will be willfully ignoring the part of the email that says it should arrive in 4 to 6 weeks, and hoping every day for it to arrive.

3 comments:

  1. Cool! Let us know how you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love your book recommendations. I've gotten several based on your review and loved them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're anything like me, 4-6 weeks is plenty of time to forget all about it, so when it does arrive, it will be a pleasant surprise!

    ReplyDelete