Saturday, May 11, 2019

Yarn and Knitting

Hey, let's talk about yarn, about new yarn and old yarn, about knitting with yarn, it's all related so here we go!

Old yarn: I was looking at my sock yarn storage the other day and felt that my color sorting had slipped a bit, so I made a note to take it all out and sort it again.

I have a lot of sock yarn. I didn't take a "before" photo, oops, but here's "during."


And once I got it tidied again:
So that's better!

There's a little new yarn in there, but let's see, the last yarn purchase I blogged about was the String Theory, and that was the most recent. So we're caught up on that, until I receive that package in the mail, ahem.

All right, so, knitting then. I mentioned last month that I started a project to travel with, and a few wedges in, I tried it on to see how I was liking it.
Which turned out to be, I liked it just fine! The pattern uses short rows, so it gets deeper on one side than the other, which is kind of fun.

I don't believe I mentioned the project bag I got for this, which I happened to run across online just after I started it, and was juggling the two balls of yarn. The etsy shop GracesCases makes bags that separate the balls, and it made all the difference.


I want to get a bigger one, so I'm keeping an eye on the shop until I see a fabric that speaks to me.

Back to the knitting: I made a ton of progress on the trip, both during the actual travel, visiting Grandma, and just sitting around the house. These photos are all washed out for color (the one above is much closer), but they show the size of the thing.

I weighed my yarn periodically, and didn't have enough left to do another wedge, so it's just the last few rows that need doing. Have to pick that up again! The sock is past the heel, the blanket continues, but I'm most excited for this one.

And, yeah, excited to think about what's next...

2 comments:

  1. Your sock yarn stash is just a baby compared to mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am jealous. Would love to know how to knit. I can sew but I really only used that for Hallowwen costumes and curtains. I would not expect anyone to wear what I sew, although I did tell the girls that I might be making their prom dresses now that I know how pricey they are!

    ReplyDelete