Monday, May 06, 2019

This Week's Kittens, and News

Before I get to the latest kitten photos, I have some sad news about this recurring event that's been on the blog since last summer. The shelter where I've been volunteering is, for a combination of valid reasons, changing things up, and the big change is that they will no longer have a physical shelter location, which means no cats and kittens that need socializing by yours truly. This makes me sad, of course, but I can understand why they're doing it, so. What can you do, eh? Change happens no matter what.

I will still be going for the next few weeks, as long as there are kittens to visit, and then this little chapter in my life will be done. Sigh.

Back to the babies! The pair I've been seeing is still there, and they were sleeping when I arrived.

"You rang?"
Side-eye and sideways.
Being kittens, they woke right up, and soon I had quite a few blurry motion shots, as well as some super-close-ups.

"Hi!"
"Hi!" 
One brief pause between tussles.
I tried demonstrating to one of them how nice it is to be a lap cat. 
Which the other, naturally, was not going to stand for. Leap!
Which ended with a lap full of wrestling.
Moving on: last week's "I will allow you to pet my head" mama was in No Mood for Such Nonsense, and hissed at me, so I let her alone.
She didn't seem to mind me petting the baby, though.
He found me partly scary and partly fascinating. Meanwhile, Mama gave me the stink-eye every time I looked her way.
Three of the foursome from last week:
They were in a hissy-and-pissy mood to start, but the fourth one came wandering over for attention readily enough. And showed off her fabulous belly.
"Rawr! I am fierce!"
This guy was threatening to bite my toes, so I slid the sandals off, and he checked them out instead.
And later, allowed me to pick him up so he could pose nicely.
Finally, new girl.
She had only been rescued Saturday (dumped outside a hotel, the poor thing), and was not at all sure about this whole people thing (very understandably). When I first sat down near her and started talking to her, she was making biscuits on the blanket, but when I opened the door she retreated to a safe distance, listening without committing to my program of love. Give her time.

2 comments:

  1. How do you not have a physical location for an animal shelter and still have an animal shelter? Or are they not going to shelter them anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I assume they're just going to a foster-home situation, right? That's what the shelter we adopted Finn and Molly from does. Is there another shelter with kitties you could cuddle?

    ReplyDelete