Thursday, December 01, 2016

Pretentious Chocolate Milk

With a title like that, you won't be surprised that the next part starts, "I was at Whole Foods..." But there I was, with a little time to kill before going somewhere, so I was looking about to see what sorts of interesting things they might have, when I saw this.
See what it says at the bottom? "Crafted From Single-Origin Peruvian Cocoa Featuring Flavor Notes of Caramelized Sugar" is what is says. Um-hmm.

So I bought it.

On one side is this cheery message:
But the other side? It starts out, "Welcome to the side of your carton." Yeah.
And you are advised to:
Finally, a small note near the opening.
"You can fire your therapist now."

I mean, it is good. But isn't "pretentious" the right word?

~~~~~
Also on the camera: Remember the story from this summer of my plant Seymour becoming parent to little Junior, now his own plant? Well, the other day I noticed that the still-growing tendril was going off the side of the table, and when I stretched it out, I saw that it would reach up to the nail that holds my Bruins calendar on the wall.
That was on Sunday, and today it's looking like this:
Straight up! Further updates as growth warrants.

And as long as I was going to be getting pictures off the camera, I took it first to visit his lordship, who was unimpressed to be bothered for such a purpose.
"Really?"
"I was asleep, you know."

Finally, if you're not in the mood for Christmas music, skip this, but I thought I'd share some of my favorites this month, and here's one that randomly came into my head today: Mary's Boy Child / Oh My Lord, done by Boney M.



My weird memory attached to this song dates back to high school, when for three years my dad drove me to school, and, neither of us being morning people, turned on WBZ's Maynard in the Morning every day. It was a news/talk radio program, traffic and weather and news and chat, but one day (IIRC), Dave played this song, for some reason, every time slot he could get it into, over and over (at least during the ~half hour I was in the car). Why? I have no idea. But that's how I remember it.

1 comment:

  1. I wasn't thinking pretentious so much as cheeky. Was it better than regular chocolate milk? Now I'm curious and may have to get the husband to pick some up. Wait, that would mean he'd have to go to Whole Foods and I'm not sure I'd wish that on him. Our local Whole Foods has a nightmare parking situation to deal with so there's very little they have that make it worth dealing with the parking. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete