Saturday, December 03, 2016

Not Even This Bergeron Fan

This week was an odd one for me; after feeling somewhat better on Monday and Tuesday, my resilience dipped on Wednesday and Thursday, and only rose partially on Friday. The symptoms of the cold have been mostly gone all week, but the exhaustion lingers, which is very annoying. It threw me off so much, I was surprised by yesterday being Friday! Pleasantly surprised, of course, but still, that doesn't usually catch me off guard.

Anyway, let's talk about something else. Specifically, an ad that came in the paper last week with the holiday sales at the Pro Shop, which is where one gets Bruins (and Celtics) gear.

Now, if you've been paying attention at all, you know I'm a big, big fan of Patrice Bergeron. In fact, a search of the blog entries before this one shows his name coming up here no less than 87 times (which, in ten years, is actually less than I expected). However, take a look at this.
Specifically, I'm looking at the ugly sweater part-hidden behind the ugly vest.
Much as I love him, and bargain-hunter that I am, not even for $20 was I at all tempted by this. I'm not sure I would take it for free! Wow. What an interesting object.

In the same paper, though, I noticed another hockey player in an ad.
I knew Max Domi was diabetic--I read an interesting article last year about the dog he has, to sense when his blood sugar levels were off--so I thought it was kind of neat that he's involved with a diabetes product.

And on to the next subject--zip!--I started knitting something new.
Not bad, so far. I haven't done a lot of color work, and in a sock it seems kind of tricky, but we'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. Nice sock you've got going! I look forward to seeing that one progress.

    ReplyDelete