Sunday, February 07, 2016

A Double Tale of Woe

Right now it's looking like I will be snowed in again tomorrow, and despite all the very welcome melting of Friday's snow that we have seen this weekend, it's frankly too soon for this to happen again. I fear my mood will not be good. You have been warned.

And it gets worse. I told myself, I won't succumb to that yet. I will try. Be of good cheer! Apply knitting! Yesterday I started knitting the Annis, which is lovely and colorful.
I also looked ahead to the next yarn for socks, given that the current pair, heading to the second heel, could be done during my trip.
Not to mention they're pretty bland, in the blah of winter, lovely as they feel. I went to the stash to choose something colorful.

But then I took the skein I picked for a photo, and uh-oh.
Broken strands.
And more about to go. I fear we have ... moth trouble. Noooo...

I started looking through skeins in that area, seeing some that looked fine, some that maybe might have something but I'm not certain, and then. And then.
At that point I put the camera down to start bagging everything in that bin, whether it showed signs or not. (Note to self: put freezer bags on the shopping list.) It will go into the car and enjoy the freeze this week, while I try to let go of my desire to shout at moths yet unseen, "This is my yarn! Get off it! Mine! My precious..."

When I emptied the bin, the evidence was at the bottom.
Yuuuuck.

I am sitting here, itching and twitching, thinking about all the rest of my yarn, and how I should really go through it, but I'm not sure I can stand to. 

This has not improved my mood.

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain. One of my sweaters (this one: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/goosefairy/inishturk-sweater-and-tam-sweater) has moth damage. At this point I don't even know how much or if it will be repairable. Damn little buggers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh NO! that super sucks. there is no limit to the number or breadth of household pests to deal with/worry about, it seems.

    ReplyDelete