Sunday, February 08, 2015

Snow Update, Then Thinking of Other Things

Well, we haven't had too much snow so far. After flurries yesterday afternoon, then a pause, it started last night and went on into this morning before pausing again. This is 4 PM Sunday:
So not too bad; if this were all... Mind you, the condo's plow guy was here at 6 AM, I could have killed him. We can't have had much by then, and it was going to snow for another two days, and it's Sunday. Let me sleep!

It's supposed to start up again in a few hours, and stop sometime early Tuesday. I seem to be in the 18-24 inches forecast area, but I cling to the hope that they might be wrong. This article from yesterday's Globe hit the nail on the head for me. Enough already.

Meanwhile, my therapy plant is blooming. From Thursday morning:
To Saturday morning, just starting to send out scent:
To this afternoon, assertively fragrant:
And far prettier to look at than the view out the window.

In ice-but-not-snow news, the Bruins won last night. Tonight, they face Montreal. Ugh. Here's hoping.

I made corned beef hash for lunch, since I had half a bag of potatoes to use up (they were starting to sprout), and it was delicious. I'm trying to tell myself that 4:30 is too early for dinner.

In knitting news, I have to assess the current purse sock, the one I'm trying toe-up. It does seem to fit:
But the heel may be slightly off-center. The fact that I'm not sure is a little worrying. On the other hand, the wedding blanket mark 2 is going along well, no warning bells at all. Knock on wood! I'll have to get pictures of that soon. Meanwhile, I think I'll throw in a load of laundry and then get back to knitting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment