Monday, February 02, 2015

Snow Is a Four-Letter Word, and Leads to Others

Of the last ten days, I have had to use my alarm clock twice*. I have left the house all of 4 of those ten days**. (Well, not counting shoveling, which is technically "leaving the house", but not what I mean by it.) I'm amusing myself tolerably well, feeding myself fine, getting more sleep, getting chores done and enjoying recreation, but. Still.
 *This is, in fact, not a complaint.
**Neither is this.

There's that white stuff. Lots and lots of it. The pile next to my car is about as tall as I am, and I haven't finished digging my car out from this round (and this round is in fact still coming down).

Then, I just looked across the street, and do you see?
There in the middle? The drift is over the fence.
Lords. We are making up for our not-very-snowy-winter all at once. It snowed on January 24, and January 26 through 27, and January 30, and now February 2. And guess what they're predicting for Thursday afternoon, and for Sunday? This is getting ridiculous.
Or, less tactfully,
Really.

3 comments:

  1. Well, if you folks would just stop hogging all the good stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen!

    I actually had to go down to the storage locker to bring up my "big boots" (the ones that go mid shin) so I could get to the car to clean it off. I still got snow on my jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hear, hear. I LIKE winter, but man, this is too much! And I like snow days just fine, but I don't get paid when the library closes for bad weather.

    ReplyDelete