Thursday, January 17, 2013

Bruins, Scrimmage, Pictures

Last night I was in bed with the light out before 8:30--I was tired! Unfortunately, this great expanse of sleep did not result in me feeling fantastic today, it just prevents me from feeling even worse than yesterday. That's something, I guess, but I can't help wishing for more.

Speaking of more, I have more pictures from the scrimmage Tuesday night. It was so great!
Yes, they are! Thank heavens! Just seeing all the black and gold, all the Bruins fans come out of hiding, flying the flag, was a wonderful feeling. And though we didn't get to the Garden early, we still got great seats, row nine behind the net that Providence defended for the first and third periods. There were two young girls in the row in front of us who weren't all that interested in the game, and two boys, maybe pre-teen, behind us, who were such experts (in their minds), it was hilarious. Between that, and the "fights" and the dance cam, my face hurt from laughing by the end of the game.

Of course I had my traditional hockey game snack, a soft pretzel, mmm. Much to my surprise, the concession stand had salads! I said to the woman that it didn't seem like a hockey item to me, and she said it isn't, they sell maybe one--but more at Celtics games, which idea amuses me. I mentioned that I'd heard that Celtics fans are worse tippers than Bruins fans, and she strongly agreed. Funny!

Get ready, Dobie. You'll be with Boston this season, but for tonight, you're a P-Bruin again.
 Boston in black, Providence in white.
 And we're off!
 I loved having the jumbotron to check the action at the other end, and watch replays on. Not to mention the dance-cam they did between periods. Mostly cute kids bopping to the music, but some people were ... just hilarious.
 

 Even alone in the shot, Chara looks seven feet tall. (He isn't, quite: 6-9.)
 Lucic, with an unfortunately-placed smudge on the glass across his face.
 
 Krejci had an amazing goal later: turn and fire and bam, in!
 
 
 Look, you may be on my farm team, but you will not get that close to my goalie, all right?
  Brad Marchand being interviewed after the second period.
He's casual, super-cool.
 Here comes my boy Patrice to take the face-off.
 Go Bruins!
Wait, a fight? But this is training camp, it's the farm team ... we're playing our own farm team ... why are we fighting our own guys?
And just how did a P-Bruin take down McQuaid? (Stanley Cup of Chowder can tell you how.) I guess even fighting takes practice, eh?
 I look at these pictures ...
 ... and I'm glad I never wanted to be a referee. Duck!
Providence won, 7-5, some guys making a compelling case to stay on the radar for the coaches for the big club. It must be very motivating! After the game, while the Boston players filed off the ice, the P-Bruins did the usual patting each other on the backs thing, then they all went to center ice and waved their sticks at the crowd. So cute! It must have been a dream come true for some of them.

And having the season back is like a dream for me. I bought a Bruins calendar in December, and then could barely stand to look at it until they got their acts together. Now I can look at Mr. January, who is of course Patrice Bergeron. Meant to be, I tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment