Sunday, January 27, 2013

A Further Thought for the Office Project

I haven't talked about my office project recently, but that doesn't mean I've forgotten it. Measuring things is on my to-do list! And in fact, my plans and ideas are still evolving, as I recently started to consider moving the desk that I have in the kitchen into the office instead.

The desk is one I got at the Salvation Army store when I lived in Charlotte: it cost me $50, I had to borrow a friend's truck to get it home, and it's a solid piece that I like. It isn't deep enough to be a good computer desk, or it wasn't when I got it, given the way monitors were then; I suppose it might work better these days, or with a laptop. When I moved into my current home, the best place for it was in the kitchen, as it fits nicely on the wall between the hall door and the office door. See?

Fun fact: I hung that picture there as soon as I moved in, because there was a picture-hook already on that wall, and I wanted to put the picture up out of harm's way. It fits the space nicely, doesn't it? School picture from the year I was in boarding school in England, between high school and college.
See me?

Anyway, back to the project! As you can see, the desk has a lot of Stuff on it. I do legitimately use it for storing various things, but very little of it actually has to be in the kitchen, and any empty spaces are what you might call Random Crap Magnets. So I'm considering it as a potential move item. Thoughts and ponders!

1 comment:

  1. That's a nice desk. And photo! You were in England for a year? And you lived in Charlotte, too? Interesting!

    I need to reclaim my "office" as well. I'll race ya, LOL.

    ReplyDelete