Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Weekend Pictures, Some Job News

I had such a nice weekend. It was great to see my aunt and grandmother, shop for yarn (naturally; pictures to come when I meet the daylight, maybe Friday), eat the Fire Department's french fries and sell pies at the church tent ... all the usual Apple Festival weekend things I enjoy so.

All right, who wants to see some pictures from my weekend? If you do, you're in luck!

Some gourds ... because what says autumn like a four-foot gourd?


Pretty, pretty trees. The foliage was ahead of itself, versus the last few years at this time. Beautiful!





Mystery weed/plant that sprang up near my aunt's roses. Anyone know what it is?


Rose, of course.


Their cat, Junior, who makes Miri look friendly and approachable. If you look closely, you can see that Junior is sticking her tongue out at me.


A few years back, Syracuse had a display of painted horses, the way Chicago did cows, and Naples has gators. Check out the dapper Blue Cross model!


Quite a building it graces, by the way.


I liked this sign at the Apple Festival.


And this Rhinebeck-worthy plate.


In fact, the live guys were very cute, but it was the motion that I really liked.


So I took a little movie. To the left, to the right, chew it all night...




Oh, and my last day at my current job is Thursday. I gave notice today.

Here's where I'm going to be annoying and not Tell All, for which I'm sorry but it isn't all confirmed yet, and I don't want to jinx anything. I will tell you that isn't related to The Place Where I Interviewed (TPWII) a few weeks ago. They haven't responded to my attempts to learn what their hiring time line might be, which is fine and all, it hasn't been that long, but I'm not going to just sit around waiting for them, you know? It's something else, and I should hopefully get confirmation tomorrow, so tune in next time! (When you'll hear Nurse Piggy say ... When you'll hear Doctor Bob say ... anyone? anyone?)

There's always time for the Muppet Show:

2 comments:

  1. That long gourd is amazing! Such pretty fall pics.

    Can't wait to hear the job news. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo tour! I want to get pumpkins now.

    "The continuing story of a quack who's gone to the dogs." Oh, yes. Working my way through the Season 2 DVD set currently.r

    ReplyDelete