Saturday, October 16, 2010

Apple Festival Yarn

Or at least, yarn from Apple Festival weekend. Item three was not obtained at the actual Fest. But all in good time.

Item 1: otherwise known as this is not red, is it?


In fact, it looks rather ... pink ... does it not?


If there is a lesson in every misstep, this lesson is: if you are buying a colored item in a tent, accept that the light through the tent will not show you true color. At the very least, try to angle toward a tent flap. Because if you don't, your lovely mix of reds turns out to be a different mix altogether.


I still like the yarn, and it's soft and cushy and will make a couple of nice hats. But red it is not.

(She said they'd be at Rhinebeck, too. Will there be an addendum to this? Hmmm)

Item 2: aka, why, is that sock yarn?


Yes it is! Alpaca sock yarn, or actually alpaca/wool/nylon. Sooo soft....


And I know, more blue. So I'm predictable, so sue me. This makes me happy.


Item 3: from our side trip to the Yarn Cupboard, in Jamesville. Nice store! Lots of yarn, bags, and notions, help available but not pushing, and a birthday present from my aunt to bring home:



Why, I do believe it's more sock yarn! Raise your hand if you're surprised.


They had a lot of lovely stuff, some I've never heard of* and some I had.

*That doesn't mean much, or at least it speaks more to my ignorance than their selection.

I decided it was Malabrigo's turn to come home with me.


I'm not sure how well I captured the colors (which, please note, are not blue). And I can't wait to see how it will knit up!


So that's the pre-Rhinebeck yarn haul report. Who knows what will come home with me this time!

1 comment: