Monday, October 04, 2010

Quick Notes, Post SnB: job, agency, Kermit/Queen

Thank you all for the comments on my recent (and continuing) job-angst. A few things to mention:
  • For the prospective new job, yes, the job listing in question is still on Company's website.
  • In my current position, although I am technically an employee of the agency, they had nothing to do with hiring me (I got an e-mail directly from the person who is now my manager, and interviewed with her, she offered me the job, and the agency knew nothing about it until after I started). They aren't like other agencies from when I've temped in the past; I would describe it more as the company where I work outsources their HR for some employees.
  • Also, the agency's policy manual refers to their website for details about current policies including vacation and sick time. I've tried several times to find that on their website, but unfortunately their website was designed by blind monkeys, and I can never find anything there. I'll have to call them. Oh joy, another item for the to-do list.
**********
The agency sent out a newsletter (the September newsletter, by the way, on October 4th) of links to employment-related stories, and each description had a link at the bottom to Twitter. Which lead to this interesting juxtaposition:


**********
Items like this one are the reason I read Boing Boing. Not everything there is my cup of tea, but oh my, when it is.



Top that, Michelangelo. Whoever that man is, he's totally into it. And Queen + Kermit + Bowie + Kermit = genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment