Thursday, October 21, 2010

Almost Friday ... Almost!

funny pictures-Wake me up on Friday..

Almost there!

The Bruins are up 1-0 after the first period, yay. The national anthem was performed tonight by a Boston rock legend, Steven Tyler of Aerosmith, and it was ... ah, well. See for yourself. In an I-love-technology moment, it's already up on YouTube:



I was kind of relieved to find that I wasn't the only one who thought that he didn't do the greatest job ("He sounds like that drunk guy who stands in front of the garden."). I mean, the anthem's a tough one, particularly a capella, but whoa, dude.

Pretty surreal to see him in a Bruins shirt in any case.

For some reason I'm freezing tonight. The thermometer tells me it's no colder in here than it was last night, but I am super-layered and still shivering. Weird. It's not a headache night (praise the gods), which can mess up my body temp, so what is it? Don't know, but I'm wearing a sweatshirt over the turtleneck and sweater, hat, cowl, fingerless gloves, long johns, sweatpants, wool socks, slippers ... and brr. Probably in ten minutes I'll be shedding layers again.

Off to the second period!

2 comments:

  1. You never fail to amaze me with how quickly you locate links.

    I could have done without the advert at the end of the YouTube thing, but you had no control over that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll admit, I didn't click on the Steve Tyler video. I was too captivated by the image of him with the big GO arrow pointed sideways over his mouth. It looked so much like the arrows poised tantalizingly over the abdomen, pointing south, in the Jamie Curtis ads for Activia yogurt. And we all know what the arrow is pointing to, and what it is pointing out...so I just guessed what would be coming out of Steve Tyler's head.

    ReplyDelete