Sunday, July 04, 2010

Two Things That Grow On Me

Thing the First

I've been knitting very little over the last few months. The tendinitis was painful enough that I couldn't do any handwork for more than 5 or 10 minutes at a time, which made it hard to get anything done. Then, since I got the shot which removed the pain, I think I've been scared to start knitting again, afraid that the pain would come back. But I love knitting, and I want it to be part of my life, and after sneaking some wistful peeks at the stash, I jumped back in.

I picked up the yarn that goosefairy sent me earlier this year:


The pattern is called Drop Stitch Scarf (on Ravelry here), it's very simple, and I like the way it looks.


Thing the Second

In under six months, Carlos has grown on me, knitting himself to me much more firmly than the incomprehensible Miri, with her wide eyes and frequent freak-out behaviors.

He's a sweetheart

My kind of cat

With big sweet paws

And an impressive talent for bending the space-time continuum when he sleeps.
Good old fuzzbucket.

2 comments:

  1. That scarf is turning out pretty cool. There's something that reminds me of tortoiseshell with that yarn.

    Carlos is too funny--look at that cute belly!

    WV: "contshep"--what I do when I can't slep. I mean sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay kitties! love those big ole paws. can hardly wait to see the finished scarf! did you put it up on ravelry?

    ReplyDelete