Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sunday Night (the thankfulness edition)

On Sunday evening, it's hard to be thinking of anything but the impending end of the weekend, and how much of The List didn't get done. That said, there are certainly things I'm grateful for.

Given this sort of thing:


I'm highly grateful for air conditioning, as well as for frozen pomegranate seeds (back in stock at Trader Joe's!). I turn my AC off when I can, but I'm so glad to have it when I need it. As I've said before, I like warmth, but there are limits.

Incidentally, I learned yesterday that if I'm hot enough to have sweat rolling down my face, I'm not interested in yarn shopping. When it's 90+ and the shop doesn't have AC, I just can't get enthusiastic for touching yarn. Who knew?

I'm also grateful for view like these:





As for this sky, I'm grateful that storm didn't cause more damage. Yikes!


I'm grateful for this area of a used book store!


I was killing time waiting for the complete downpour to pass by (yes, I had an umbrella: in the car), and found that the store I thought would be one of those "stacks of weird remainders" stores had a section I loved.

I can't decide if my favorite part of this photo is the juxtaposition of titles, or the fact that they hyphenated "stupid" on the spine.


Unfortunately, I squatted so much, looking at the lower shelves, that my leg muscles have been killing me ever since. And of course I had to do laundry today, meaning lots of stairs. Owie ow.

I am very grateful that I don't have to buy shirts like this, because what is the appeal of a droopy sequined pocket?


Especially for $26, I have to say.

I'm glad I don't have to wear an outfit like this, since I wouldn't look near as good in short-shorts with dangling suspenders and cowboy boots. (Seriously, do you wonder that I pulled out my camera?)


I'm truly grateful that I never have to wear a garment like this. I've never seen shorts so clearly destined for the clearance rack.


I think my camera refused to focus on them.

Are you grateful for any weird little things?

1 comment:

  1. Please submit that suspenders/shorts/boots offense to "Glamour." That is a fashion Don't for sure.

    I am grateful for having found an acupuncturist who is kinda normal and knows what he's doing. I figure that it would sound weird to say I am grateful someone good at sticking needles all over me.

    I also am grateful that "When in Rome" turned out to be a very funny movie.

    ReplyDelete