Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Gave My Notice Today, Feeling Fine

Want to see some pictures from the weekend? It was really good, the weather much better than one might expect for the time of year, and .... what?

What what?

Oh, the title?

Yeah, I gave my notice at work today. My boss and I were talking, and once I reassured her that no, there was not one single thing she could do, or try to get the company to do, that would make me change my mind about leaving, she allowed as how, while it was totally up to me, if I officially put my notice in now (instead of waiting for the typical 2-week notice), they could start planning for the end.

I thought it over, decided I was fine with that, and I printed out my little note and gave it to her. She told her boss, and that's it so far. I'll let you know what happens next, of course.

Apparently, his reaction was "oh no", which is of course more flattering than if they said "oh good", but whatever. Funny how when you don't respect people, you don't really care much what they think of you.

Anyway, here are a couple of random weekend shots. More to come ... my hands still need rest!





Random enough for you?

3 comments:

  1. WhatWhatWHAT? All right!!!

    I am so happy for you--and that's good people said, "Oh no." Way better than blind hatred.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah you!

    You should feel good about acting on your decision, and it sounds like you do.

    Selfish me wanted to start out raving about the crocus and bark photos, but I restrained myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *whew*

    I've got a book for you. Check your email.

    ReplyDelete