Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tuesday recaps Monday

You guys rocked the snapdragon question! Thank you for helping me bridge the "of course I know what a snapdragon is, it's a flower" gulf. They're pretty, aren't they? As soon as someone asked what they were, I said, "I don't know, but I bet the blog will know." You guys are so smart--wicked smart, as we say around here.

Does anyone notice when I miss posting for a day? Last night got away from me, in a very good way. I was planning to go, and looking forward to going, to my stitch and bitch group, especially what with the knitting progress I've made recently and all, but I heard yesterday that friends were going to be in from out of town, and jumped at the chance to have dinner with them.

It's quite exciting: they're scouting out the area to move back to this summer! Yay for friends moving closer. I got a nice catch-up chat and a really good dinner, and made it home in time for the start of the second period. The Bruins played so well! And won! I call that a very successful evening, missing SnB to the contrary notwithstanding. (And then I went right to bed, bad blogger.)

At one point in the third period, the organist at the Garden was playing the little "tune" that has the crowd chanting, "Here we go, Bruins, here we go!" Usually there's a double-beat between repetitions, and people either clap, or stomp, or just pause. But last night, they were celebrating our good goaltending thusly:
Here we go, Bruins,
Here we go!
Tuuka!
It was fun. Really, watching them play well is so great. Flashback to last season! Game 4 is tomorrow: go Bruins, go Bruins!

Work continues to be as it has been. The SVP tried again yesterday to guilt me about leaving. (He was supposed to be in Italy this week. Stupid volcano: now it's personal.) Not going to happen, sir, no matter how often you ask.

Thirteen days left! That's working days, by the way: I confused someone today who thought I meant calendar days. I am counting down the number of days I have to drag myself out of bed and go to the loony bin, that's all.

Barely past 7:30 and I'm yawning my head off. Time for dinner, and take out the recycling, and maybe read a little, and bed. Woo-hoo, do I know how to live!

What are you doing tonight? Anything fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment