Friday, September 12, 2008

A dilemma, a review, and a photo

I'm going out tonight, and rain is coming into the area, which gives me a dilemma. I've been sticking with the flip-flops, even as the weather has gotten chillier, because shoes and the blisters are still not a happy combination. The blisters are improving, really, but they're not healed yet, particularly the heel ones. The blister-specific bandages are helping, but... yeah. We're not quite there.

When I got ready to go out this morning, I tried a couple of different pairs of shoes before resigning myself to the flip-flops again*. I'll have to walk a little bit tonight, and slipping on wet flip-flops sounds as unappealing as wearing shoes that rub the blisters. What to do, what to do.

*I was actually sitting on my couch, weighing the options: pain or cold? pain or cold?

So where am I going tonight? To see Franklin speak. I'll tell you about it tomorrow. Should be fun!

Before I leave you today though, two things. First, I read a good book recently and I want to tell you about it before it goes back to the library. It's called My Husband's Sweethearts, by Bridget Asher, and I was fascinated by the premise:
Faced with the imminent death of her charming, cheating and estranged husband Artie, Lucy Shoreman decides to call the names in his little black book and invite the ladies to his Philadelphia home to say a final farewell.
And I felt it lived up to that interest. There was one denouement that didn't shock me, but it was handled well and I didn't feel cheated or anything by it. Good idea, well-written, very enjoyable. Check it out!

And the second thing is a photo I forgot to add yesterday, from the farmer's market. Fishermen speak of the one that got away; I write about the item I didn't buy.


Did you know that sprouts grow on little Christmas trees? Neither did I! Learn something new every day.

2 comments:

  1. I would have opted for the flip flops. I prefer cold to pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the book lead! I also look forward to your report on Franklin - exactly how short is he??

    You'll just have to knit yourself a pair of flip-flop socks (not quite toe-socks, but almost) so you can wear the ff's when it's colder.

    And isn't it delightful having more time at home; getting up later; going to bed later? I missed the $ when I was unemployed but gosh I loved the freedom from the clock.

    ReplyDelete