Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Let me be an ostrich tonight

Actually, I vaguely recall reading that ostriches don't really bury their heads in the sand, but that's not really the point, is it? If I want to bury my head in the sand, you'll let me, won't you?

I got my resume into shape today, and went grocery shopping, and did some things around the house. I also went for a nice walk that I wanted to show you, though there is one thing I have to tell you first.

I saw a house with a fake lawn. AstroTurf. Plastic grass.

I've never noticed anything like it before. Have you?

What I like about walking is getting a chance to see things close-up, not driving by in a blur. For example, I've seen these bushes before and merely thought, pretty.


But when you're close up to one, you see how the white flowers start to go pink as they pass peak. So, so pretty!


I don't know if the people in this house use this walk at all. I kind of doubt it, since the flowers show no sign of traffic.


What are these? They look like a cross between flowers and green beans.


This sign, ooh. Ouch.


That is not how you spell straightening, people. Do not anger the proofreader.

Flowers that shade like this on the bloom fascinate me.


And this, well. It looks like it didn't bloom, but exploded. Poof! Is anyone else hearing the 1812 Overture in their head?


Not a pink person? How about blue?


Yellow?


I like a town with some diversity. First, there's this house:


Now, I'm not particularly a split-level fan. I prefer the house right next door:


Really, though, do they look like they'd be on the same street? It struck me as funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment